By War Dance | AuxBeacon News Contributor
[Editor’s Note: This arrived to our site just in time for lunchbox reading on the Pacific Coast Highway. Thank you for your contribution.]
I don’t think AuxBeacon is giving former PCR Commander Col Jon L. Stokes or former MIWG Commander Col Curtis J. Boehmer enough credit for what they have achieved this year. The guys your readers are calling “Numbskull” and “Bummer” are true heroes who have publicly taken their HATCHET ACT to hack-up and smash the view that Civil Air Patrol is an element of some legitimate “Total Force.”
Under the requirements of the 1939 Hatch Act (your editors should do a separate “facts-only” story on all its requirements for the good of the cadets):
Among other restrictions, a genuine member of the US military may NOT:
• Use official authority to influence or interfere;
• Be a candidate for, hold or exercise functions of a civil office;
• Use contemptuous words against certain civilian leaders (10 U.S.C. 888) — applies to commissioned officers only;
• Display large signs, banners or posters on private vehicles;
• Display a partisan political sign, poster, banner, or similar device visible to the public at one’s residence on a military installation, even if that residence is part of a privatized housing development;
That Boehmer ran for office during his tenure as Civil Air Patrol Michigan Wing Commander and that Jon Stokes feels comfortable stating that
“Nancy Pelosi is sucking up and selling what’s left of her soul to the devil to be Speaker again.”
shows how insincere they are about operating to true military standards, or worse, that factions are actively using Civil Air Patrol to get around various US Laws and Federal Regulations. Add this to their constant lobbying in light of their 501(c)(3) Internal Revenue Status and the Counter Drug operation, which is a whole other matter for a separate investigation.
With his bold actions, Jon L. Stokes seems to have found a clever and very patriotic way to increase the Congressional scrutiny on Civil Air Patrol. Bully for him.
Be first to comment on "Civil Air Patrol’s Hatchet Act on the Total Farce"