by Duncan Dohyo | AuxBeacon News Contributor
The Centers for Disease Control has reported the following facts:
• There are 805* lung injury cases reported from 46 states and 1 U.S. territory. Twelve deaths have been confirmed in 10 states.
• CDC has received sex and age data on 771 patients.
– About 69% of patients are male.
– Nearly two thirds (62%) of patients are 18 to 34 years old
– 22% of patients between 18-21.
– 16% of patients are under 18 years.
• All reported patients have a history of e-cigarette product use or vaping.
• The latest findings from the investigation into lung injuries associated with e-cigarette use, or vaping, suggest products containing THC play a role in the outbreak.
– About 77% reported using THC-containing products;
– 36% reported exclusive use of THC-containing products.
– About 57% reported using nicotine-containing products;
– 16% reported exclusive use of nicotine-containing products.
I am relaying this report to you because Civil Air Patrol advocate Duncan Hunter has made the following statements in the past.
Yes, I vape. On occasion, I might even smoke a real cigarette.
Through my military career, including three combat tours, I even experienced chewing tobacco.
Now that I vape, does it mean I am one step closer to dying than say, someone who might drink too much, eat too much red meat or live an all-around unhealthy lifestyle?
To vape is to smoke an electronic cigarette, for those who don’t know. An e-cigarette is different from a regular cigarette, mainly because it does not contain tobacco. E-cigarettes contain a liquid that is vaporized—hence, the word vape—and inhaled. It might taste and smell like tobacco, but it’s not.
It’s true that vaping isn’t as sexy as smoking old-fashioned cigarettes. Generations of Americans were brought up smoking traditional tobacco products and to them, vaping may appear to be nothing more than a fad, set to eventually burn out. They’re wrong.
His full position statement was available at: http://hunter.house.gov/don%E2%80%99t-stifle-vaping… but that link has since been removed.
• Reminder: Civil Air Patrol Asset Duncan Hunter Issued Cease and Desist
• Civil Air Patrol Asset Duncan Hunter Woos White Power Audience?
Vaping? The commander-in-chief won’t tell us the truth because of political fall-out from his $417 base. So, cadets with certain kinds of parents are going to suffer.
Trump: ‘I Should Never Have Done That F-cking Vaping Thing’
During an Oval Office call on speakerphone, the president expressed regret for getting personally involved in the issue
Trump Retreats From Flavor Ban for E-Cigarettes
Advisers say the president pulled back from proposed restrictions intended to curb teenage vaping after he was warned of the political fallout among voters.
Shelly Norman’s romantic relationship is/was with Civil Air Patrol Pacific Region Commander Jon L. Stokes. Stokes is the drinker who used his influence to push us to vote for Republicans in 2018. What’s wrong with that? Get over it.
While some of us will understand the references to the glasses of alcohol in the photo, Tom Kettell is related to this story only incidentally. He promotes the use of alcohol, he’s covered up prior complaints, and he is another Region Commander whose Spaatz girlfriend Alicia Cope sits as Chief of his Staff.
It is true that Dale Newell is a member of the Board of Governors and was a former Washington Wing Commander from April 1999 to April 2002. It appears someone thinks that he and other BOG members are not aware of the nepotism and in Civil Air Patrol? The only BOG member who doesn’t yet understand how dirty this organization might be Martha King.
Your story doesn’t mention Capt Jessica Jerwa who has been Shelly Norman’s Chief of Staff and has helped conceal this baby for 9 months. It is also inconceivable that Jon Stokes would not have known about Shelly’s arrest and that the rules require she be suspended from CAP until this is resolved.
Some CAP members reporting to you are giving you most of the truth, but maybe adding some small mistakes to test your geolocation? Either that or it may be an actual typo or link miscopy on your end?
33 deaths in 22 states and 1300+ injuries
Ammar Campa-Najjar now has a wide lead over incumbent Rep. Duncan Hunter and a cluster of other Republicans in the race for the 50th Congressional District in East County.
Vaping, why are you [redacted] talking about this on a Civil Air Patrol forum?
[Admn: Vaping is becoming a problem with Civil Air Patrol cadets. So much so that we have to state openly that Smoking and/or vaping by cadets is prohibited during various CAP activities and academies.]